- About Us
- About Steatite
6:30AM-3:00PM with ½ hour unpaid lunch or 7:00AM-3:00PM with no lunch
Converts raw materials into finished goods as directed by the production Manager or designate, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Adheres to the company safety and quality policies at all times.
Follows established work instructions.
– Completes assigned tasks using specified machinery and equipment in allotted time.
– Completes all production related documentation.
– Maintains work area and equipment according to established standards at all times.
– Keeps raw materials available, organized and neat.
– Meets all production goals as defined by Management.
– Operates machinery and equipment according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
– Provides general machine maintenance when required.
– Formulates proper batch recipe. Loads designated quantity of raw materials.
– Reports safety and quality issues along with any maintenance needs to department Supervisor or designate.
– Participates in established cross training initiatives in other areas to support business goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
– Time management skills
– Interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to multitask and effectively meet deadlines & targets
– Analytical aptitude and mathematical competence.
– Team oriented
– Ability to work in fast-paced environment
– Dedicated to task completion
– Mechanical aptitude would be an asset.
Due to the current covid 19 conditions in NJ, we require all employees to wear a mask (we will supply them) at all times while in the building, and practice social distancing protocols.
We also request that all employees not work a second job, so as to keep exposure to a minimum.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. Employee may at times be exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat; humid conditions and machine vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear.
* Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and education
* Comprehensive benefits package available: we pay a percentage of your healthcare. A 401k plan is available. We have paid vacation, and holidays.